Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Fleet Foxes: It was pretty hot tonight...

I went to an incredible concert tonight at the First Unitarian Church in Center City Philadelphia.  If you don't know about this venue, there is excellent music going through there almost every day. I had the pleasure of attending another concert there last night for a band a friend introduced me to called Fleet Foxes.  It was wonderful, and I wish I could explain what a privilege it always is to hear such tight vocal harmony along with great musicianship...live (i.e. Dave Matthews Band...most times).  And, to let you know, I would have taken pictures, but the room we were in was so gosh darn hot, it was all I could do to enjoy the music, concentrate on staying conscious and hydrated...yeah.  I bought the last $1 bottle of water.  I felt bad...'cause it was stupid hot.  It's funny, though, the band was so good, I don't think anyone cared. We all stayed an extra 20-30 minutes for an encore...and probably would've stayed for another one if they hadn't turned the lights on.

Well then, here's a late night insomnia music post because I cannot get these songs out of my head.  A studio recording, however, does not do their sound justice...like that of my beloved Dave Matthews Band.  But, here you go...an attempt to progress towards sleep. I hope you enjoy these selections, which are the last song performed before their encores, the last encore, and the 1st encore...my favorite. 
Ragged Wood - Fleet Foxes

Blue Ridge Mountains - Fleet Foxes

Tiger Mountain Peasant Song - Fleet Foxes

No comments: